The Haliburton Sculpture Forest was created in 2001 by an inspired group of volunteers who had a vision of creating a unique destination in Haliburton that combines art, nature, recreation and education.
With over 30 sculptures and over 10,000 visitors each year, the ongoing success of the Haliburton Sculpture Forest is made possible through the efforts of volunteers and generosity of donors.
You can contribute to the Sculpture Forest in a number of ways – contributing time and talent or make a donation.
Be a Friend of the Sculpture Forest – help with our annual clean-up, landscaping, maintenance, distributing brochures
Be a tour guide
Serve on the Board of Directors
Get involved in fundraising
Interested? Email us or give us a call: Call our Curator – Jim Blake 705-457-5278
Be a Donor
Help fund the operation of the Sculpture Forest (insurance, printing guide maps, maintenance, marketing, curatorial fees)
Add to our collection of sculptures
Build our Endowment Fund
You can make a contribution in a number of ways:
1. Make a donation when you visit the Sculpture Forest. There is a donation box attached to the Sign and map at the entrance to Sculpture Forest. Please make a contribution when you visit.
2. Make a donation to support the annual operations of the Sculpture Forest. Make a donation for $50.00 or more and receive a tax receipt. The Sculpture Forest works in partnership with the Municipality of Dysart et al. The Municipality will provide a tax receipt for any donations given for the Sculpture Forest, Make Cheque Payable to “Municipality of Dysart et al” write Sculpture Forest in the note section. Send to: Haliburton Sculpture Forest P.O. Box 210 Haliburton ON K0M 1S0
3. Be a Celebration Contributor. Make a donation of $500 Receive a tax receipt and recognition as a Sculpture Forest Supporter, if you make a donation of $500 in honour of someone, you will receive a tax receipt and we will recognize the person you would like to honour on our literature and our signage. Donations can be made to support operations, contribute to a new sculpture or towards the Endowment Fund. For more information: e-mail us or call our Curator – Jim Blake at 705-457-5278
4. Donate a Sculpture. Many of the sculptures in our collection have been made possible through donations. These donations happen in a number of ways: People can make a donations of funds with which the Sculpture Forest can purchase or commission a sculpture, or individuals can donate a sculpture from their collection. Artists donate works (an existing work or donation of time and materials to create a new work). Many of the Sculptures in our collection have been donated in honour of someone. For more information: e-mail us or call our Curator – Jim Blake at 705-457-5278
5. Make a Bequest. Contribute to a Legacy The Haliburton Sculpture Forest is building an Endowment Fund which will provide an annual income for the Sculpture Forest to ensure its sustainability into the future. You can make a bequest in your will, make a one time donation or make a pledge over a number of years. Please contact us for more information on making a bequest or a legacy donation to the Endowment Fund e-mail us or call our Curator – Jim Blake at 705-457-5278